This is a nice argument for stopping the debate on climate change and getting on with it. I don’t believe in the only answer to be policy change but it is an important one. The basic argument is this:
– we can’t know for certain whether or not we are impacting climate change or what will happen
– we can only choose whether or not we are going to do something about it
– that choice really comes down to an assessment of the risk in acting or not
– if we act, worst case is economic downturn
– if we don’t act, worst case is economic downturn PLUS other global catashrophies
Pretty ‘simple’ choice in the end isn’t it.
Blogged with Flock